Saturday, March 12, 2011

Please Pray for Japan!

I was working in the office and searching the net for some information, and I saw the headlines on the Yahoo news! that an earthquake of magnitude 8.9 had occurred in Japan. I can imagine the next thing that happen is the greatly feared Tsunami. I guess the damage caused by Tsunami is greater than the earthquake itself, as Japan has always been prepared for the earthquake. But not tsunami! the speed of the high waves is at 900km/hr. How to escape man?! At this point I become thankful for being in this small island called Singapore. Everytime, we hear of typhoon, hurricane, earthquake, tsunami and many other types of natural disasters, I cant helped but be reminded that I am thankful.


I cant helped but agree with Mr Goh Chok Tong, that here we are complaining about the tiny flood in Orchard and Singapore when 1 tsunami as high as 10m tall and thousands of homes and lives lost. The Japanese stood stoic looking, no one cried, accepted that it happen and ready to move on. I feel really emotional about the whole situation, especially seeing how the flood moves the cars like how we play with toys in a gush of water.

You can see how fast the flood is engulfing and no car is fast enough to escape or at least for them to drive in the right direction. 




To learn more about how Tsunami happens...



I am praying for Japan and here are some ways to Help Japan - but these are the international efforts, I believe our Singapore Red Cross has some ways to help as well, so have to check again when they have.


Love, Ariel

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a great post Ariel. Praying for the people of Japan. God bless.

    ReplyDelete