Monday, April 11, 2011

My Crabby day!!!

Had an early celebration with my family for my birthday! yippee! And to feast on my favorite crabs. And yes when I eat crabs, I do not care about my "yi tai"

 Okay, getting ready for my day!



There are indeed many places in Singapore you can find good crab restaurants. In case you didn't know, Chilli Crab is a seafood dish that originated in Singapore, created by a Singaporean couple. Who says Singaporeans have no creativity and we always need to engage foreign talent to create what is called our own.. 

Anyway, I wish to collate a whole list of food review on crabs, so here is my first. Though its not really a review, as I dont have time to really go in depth.
Well, as mentioned, there are many crab restaurants we can choose from, so it depends what type you feel like having that day, as most of them will be known for a certain dish. Jumbo is known for their award winning chilli crab and signature Black pepper crab.

- 2006: Awarded The Best Chilli Crab in Tiger Beer Chilli Crab Championship Series 2006
- 2007: ‘Best Seafood Dish’ in Tasty Chef Restaurant Association Singapore (RAS) Culinary  
            Competition
- Excellent Food Award for exceptional culinary skills in Chilli & Black Pepper King Crab awarded by FOOD & ENTERTAINMENT guide for executives. 

and many more awards....

We chose the outlet at ....

Jumbo Seafood @ NSRCC
10 Changi Coast Walk
SAFRA Resort
Singapore 499739
Tel: 6552-3435

A restaurant in a country club for Safra members, so if you have membership, you will enjoy 10% discount if I don't recall wrongly. If you go in the day, you will be able to enjoy a nice of tranquility of the green surrounding. You may even take a nice walk after the meal. An ideal place for family.

 Opps. a candid shot my bro-in-law.



Our first dish!!!!

 Braised Homemade Spinach Skin Beancurd with Mushroom.


Crispy-fried Baby Squid. 


And here comes the main dish for the night!

Black pepper crabs!!!









 Scallops Wrapped in Yam Ring





And not to forget the mantou.. sorry I was too hungry liao. no time and no hand to take photos of the mantou, as they are all in my mouth. 


Okay last but not least is to finish off with a nice desert. 





 My happy and satisfied look.


Well, before the day ended, my bro-in-law drove me and my family to the nearest atm for me to do some urgent bank transfer. We chose one that is brightly lighted which is near a bus stop and a mall. My sister accompanied me and after I did my transfer, we walked back to the car. 

I was chatting with my sister and did not realize a Bangladshi was walking extemely close me as I was facing my sister, who was on my right side. I didnt noticed at all that she started to slow down and was looking in my direction. Until, when we started to approach the waiting area where our car was, he walked right next to me. I am usually quite alert but today I was in a good mood and let my guard down. 

I was happily chatting and swinging my hands normally as a person usually does when you walk, and my left hand swing straight to his ... ehem.. and gave a slightly hard hit. I immediately kept my hand to my side, and stared after the man as he walked faster, and when he turn slightly, I thought I saw a smile. 

"ShIT!" 

What did I just do? 

 My Sis later told me he was walking extremely close to me despite the road being very wide apart. And she was practically staring hard at him to back off. 

well, its not the first time someone walk so damn close to try and do something funny. I was with my ex boyfriend, who practically looks quite tough and was walking side my side with me when we entered the MRT train. But this peculiar guy was walking so close to me that I could feel him sniffing my hair and his body, so close to me but not touching as he walk past me. And the train was not even crowded. We were the only 3 people entering to a relatively emptied train. Even in the train, I spotted him staring at me! Ello! My ex had to stare hard at him before the guy stopped and look another way.

Hmm... it got me to think, are we really that safe? 

Anyway, my day was still good, don't wish to let some psychopath ruin my day.

Had a pleasant celebration with my family...  

Hope you have a pleasant weekend.


Love, Ariel

No comments:

Post a Comment